Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Seriously, it takes a Rocket Surgeon...

OK, so I've been a waitress. I know it can be a tough job. I know that sometimes you'll mess up...but really, some form of common sense would be appreciated, lol.

We went to eat a few days ago at a small, local restaurant. I order and ask for "Country fried potatoes" (which I have ordered from there 100 times, lol.) When the food comes out, there are mashed potatoes on my plate. I say to her "I ordered the fried potatoes." Her response...wait for it...."Oh. You said country fried, so I thought you wanted mashed." Really? Hmm...

Now, if that wasn't bad enough, lol...

Last night the power went out for about a 100 mile radius. (Aparently a phone company caught on fire and it blew circuits or something like that....) So, we had to go out to eat. We went to this Mexican restaurant that has awesome food...and horrible service. (Seriously, worst ever, lol.) At the end of the meal I asked our waitress for a "to go Dr. Pepper". She says "You want a refill?" I say "Yes, but in a to go cup please." Why I didn't see what happens next coming, I just don't know, lol. We had also asked for a couple to go boxes. About 10 minutes later she comes back...with NINE boxes...and an empty cup. My sister and I both just look at it, and finally my sister looks at the waitress and says "Could she get some Dr Pepper in there?"

Sometimes, you just have to wonder.....

1 comment:

  1. ROFL! Nothing ticks me off more than poor customer service, and waiters get my goat when they're terrible. AZ has some of the worst customer service ever, especially in the summer, and I'm so sick of it! I hope you were able to get your Dr. Pepper. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete